Monday, March 17, 2008

Letting Go...

Well, long time no post...after my last entry in November, I thought it would only be a couple weeks before I'd have reason (good news) to post again. Little did I know it would take almost 15 weeks before I could safely say WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I started to draft a post at the end of January but must have decided not to focus on the negative that was happening. We had found out that instead of getting our needed document to move forward we were going to learn the meaning of patience--in the form of an additonal 34 business days...

Three weeks ago Hubby & I decided to try something crazy. I had heard a story of someone receiving scary news but handling it in a totally positive way. Instead of panicking they decided not to tell any friends & family the news--and they made the decision to open a bottle of wine to celebrate the better that was to come soon. Guess what...it worked!!! So Hubby & I embarked on a nightly ritual of having a glass of wine each night. We'd toast to the good news we were sure would come in the next week or so. We chose not to tell our friends & family about the rumors, we would wait until we had solid news to share. Hubby was even out of town for a couple nights but he would call with a drink in hand & we'd toast over the phone.

Well, I've gone on enough so will close for now. If you get a chance, please say a special prayer for our friends Ryan & Stacy. They were meeting their daughter on their 1st visit trip the same time we were meeting "E". Until two weeks ago, we were on the same timeline & looked forward to traveling together again to bring our daughters home. A few days before our good news call, they heard they were previewed for a 2nd time, thus starting the "30 business days" countdown again. Maybe if we all start having a glass of wine each night to celebrate good news to come, a miracle will happen & we'll still have our traveling buddies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful testimony. Thanks for sharing it.