I've been in shock for the last couple of days, but it's starting to sink in. It's been full speed ahead finishing "E's" room, gathering the donation items and the BOATLOAD of stuff I deemed necessary to prepare for her homecoming. I've joked that we need to leave soon or I'll have spent all our money & we won't have any left to buy the plane tickets!!
To pass the time, I pre-composed the e-mail announcement I would send to our friends & family--I even used a pink colored font!! It was SO much fun sending that e-mail off right before an appointment I had to leave for. Coming home to excited phone messages & a bunch of congratulatory e-mail responses was a HOOT!! I teared up several times, realizing we are very blessed to have so many great friends & family to support us through this long journey.
We continue to have our "celebratory/positive intentions" toast each night, it just evolves as we go. Now our toast includes safe and smooth travels as well as quick bonding with E. Please pray for good weather and our airline's continued financial success as well as planes that have ALREADY passed inspection for the wiring bundles !! (wink wink).
I better get back to my packing. I've been up since 3 am--can't stop all the lists running through my head...Hopefully I can update the blog while we're in Guatemala & maybe even figure out how to post a couple of pictures. Now that we'll be allowed to post pictures I just may go a little CRAZY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment