Thursday, November 29, 2007

God...You're SO Funny!!!

Oh, how He must shake his head at me & laugh...This is now the 2nd time in this adoption journey that I've been at my wits' end and really doubtful, then TADA...we get our much needed, long awaited for news!!!

The 1st time was this spring between losing Carolina (our 1st referral) and OUR daughter finding us. It had been about a month of being "at the top of the list" (again) hearing about many other families getting their referrals & travelling. Just when I didn't think I could take any more, I called our agency & left a message for Kim. I asked her to call back with a pep talk & to remind me it's still going to happen. Later that day she called & said "How are you doing my friend?" She let me go on for about 5 minutes then said "Well how's THIS for good news--you have a daughter!!!"

And now...just when I didn't think I could take any more, it happened (again). The family that went on their first trip the same time as us got their call 3 weeks ago. Another family we've grown close to who entered this stage after us got their call early last week. I was very happy for them, but found myself hovering over my phone (for OUR call) each day. It didn't help that I've come to look SO forward to our monthly update pictures & progress reports. With the holiday and an unexpected problem, we didn't get our pictures as early as we usually do.

SO...yesterday after having spent most of the day crying/moping around AND admitting that I was sad/mad/jealous, etc. that we won't have our daughter home by Christmas...I called our agency & asked for another pep talk. About an hour after leaving the message, my friend Kelly called to check on me--I had sent her a "woe is me" e-mail earlier in the day. Little did I know the agency was trying to call.

Since I had the home phone tied up & was sitting in my car in the garage (where do YOU go for your sad calls?) I didn't hear my cell phone ring. It wasn't until I was checking my e-mail, while still on the phone, that I realized we got our great news. Thankfully Kelly could hear through my excited cries that we got our news!! Geez...what a roller coaster phone call poor Kelly had to deal with!!!

So with a BIG weight lifted off our shoulders I can resume my "nesting". Poor hubby is in for some more shelf hanging & will have to endure seeing MORE baby clothes get put in her closet--he already thinks she has too many outfits. Oh how he will be shocked over the coming years...

We'll probably keep our Christmas tree (artificial) and decorations up a little longer this year--I just KNOW she'll get a kick out of all the brightly colored lights. We may be celebrating a couple holidays at once, but what a reason to celebrate!!!!

Until next time...

No comments: