Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Getting TOUGH...

OK...so I said I was going to be audacious & expect to hear good news by Thanksgiving. I also predicted we'd have our daughter home by Christmas. Instead, I'm getting "raw" as a friend pointed out. Thanksgiving came & went with no news and I'm having a hard time keeping it together.

There are four other families in my little group from AGCI that I've become close with. We all went on our first trips within a month of each other & have been a great source of support & comfort. Two of the five families have heard the great news that they're through one more phase & are onto the next one and I'm VERY happy for them. Unfortunately, I now hover around my telephone and computer waiting for it to ring or chime that we have news. I need to remember that with this whole process, it's NOT first in/first out.

Another reason I'm so "raw" is that I now look SO forward to the monthly updates with pictures & a report of how our daughter is growing. In previous months we would have received our pictures via e-mail a week or so ago as well as getting our video in the mail by now. Instead, I keep hitting the "send/receive" button on my e-mail program waiting for new images of our sweetie to be in the IN box. I'm sure it's because the wait is getting tougher.

SO...here's hoping for a more positive post very soon...

No comments: