Sunday, November 2, 2008

Breakfast In Bed...

Although I'm a HUGE fan of eating meals at the table, sometimes ya gotta "break the rules". Jack had been begging for a breakfast in bed for a couple weeks. Since we didn't have to be anywhere one Saturday morning I thought "what the heck".

Saturdays are usually Craig's day to "sleep in" so Jack excitedly helped me fill plates with waffles, sausage balls & heat up some hot apple cider. We even went so far as to bring up Emily's booster in hopes of "containing" her a bit.

Jack insisted we take pictures (& that we pose with his bee). Does Craig look really excited to be photographed? I think he just humored us so he could have his breakfast already...
Next time we do this, we need to make sure it's before Emily wakes up or wait until she's much older. As it turns out, she slept through the whole breakfast & I realized how relieved I was. Being only 17 months and going through a throwing her food, throwing her water cup and spitting in anger (again) phase, it wouldn't be very wise or relaxing to have her be a part of this ritual for another year or more--whether we use the booster seat or not...

1 comment:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Hey, it's me the stalker! What is up with all your blogging?!! How cool is that! Looks like things are going well over there!! Just stoppin by to say Hi!
Smiles,
jen in mi