Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I LOVE this man...

Maybe it's the time of year, maybe it's just really hitting me how incredibly blessed I am, maybe...

Hubby & I celebrated our 15th anniversary last month. I can't believe how quickly time can go by. I'm sure it seems to be going faster now that we have two kids to keep up with, but it still shocks me. Take a walk down memory lane with me while I reminisce over the "highlights"...


One of our first pictures together. It was the summer of 1989. Craig's lookin' pretty cool in his Ray Bans and I remembered thinking "How did I get so lucky to snag such a good lookin' guy?"



Our first "formal" picture, in the fall of 1990. I'm pretty sure I had to do some arm twisting to get him to agree to this picture.



My favorite picture from our wedding day. It was taken on the porch of my dream house--we asked permission beforehand. Something about a wrap around porch & a porch swing gets me every time...

Our 3rd anniversary. We had just finished the inspection on our FIRST HOME & decided to do a self portrait in the front yard to celebrate!!


After 5 years trying to start our family on our own, we took the fertility route. Talk about a hormonal roller coaster ride THAT was!! But Craig was with me EVERY step of the way. He was there for every procedure, holding my hand & telling me it was going to be worth it. After enduring 5 months of treatments & procedures, this is the call we had been waiting for--it's an understatement to say we were happy & surprised...


One of our first family pictures--I can't believe he was that tiny...


Fast forward about 5 years & here's our next big milestone--meeting 2 week old Emily and her birthmother. Who knew even a year before this picture that our path would lead us to international adoption. I feel so blessed that we were able to meet Emily's birthmother and take these beautiful pictures--ones that we all will come to cherish more & more over the years.
Here we are celebrating our 14th anniversary in Playa del Carmen, Mexico last year. We looked at it as our "last chance" (for a while) to enjoy just the two of us without kids, knowing we'd soon be busy chasing after Emily as well.


Here is what some adoptive families refer to as "Gotcha Day". It's the day we picked Emily up from her home of 11 months at Hannah's Hope in Guatemala City. I'm so glad we brought Jack along to experience this AWESOME trip!!


And here we are a few weeks ago. Our friends Mark & Alicia watched the kids for a few hours so Craig & I could go on an "afternoon date". My how things change. It seems like just yesterday we were young & madly in love with no cares in the world. Although we're older & a bit "softer" life is so much more complicated but so much richer!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!
I love the photos from "way back!" We are coming up on 14 years this winter, and that puts us in the same era so to speak!
The kids are so cute, and getting so big!
Hope you have a great day, and Happy Anniversary!
Stacy

Alie said...

Aww, you guys are too cute!