In May, as Jack's school year was coming to an end, I e-mailed several friends & offered to do an e-mail playdate. Using their suggestions, I planned on sending a weekly e-mail announcing where we would all meet for a big playdate. Well...now that we're at the end of summer--Jack starts school in less than 2 weeks--I have YET to send ONE of those "weekly playdate e-mails"!!
I FINALLY got around to getting Emily's first professional pictures taken at the end of June. Alicia even went so far as to get us a Target gift
card with a big hint that we could spend it in the portrait studio...Although I brought way too many outfit changes--gimme a break, it was her 1st session & I've been out of practice--I made sure the most important picture was taken first. Emily's birthmother wove a blanket for Emily and we had just received it the week before. I dressed her in a hand woven Guatemalan shirt (dress on her) we bought while on our visit trip last year & we draped the blanket around her. After much wrangling the photographer managed to get a couple good pictures. Now I'll be able to send some pictures to our birthmother along with a letter updating her on Emily's adventures.
Since taking her 1st steps at the beginning of the month, you'd think she's been walking all her life. She toddles around quite quickly & I've learned to put "no-no's" farther out of reach. She's also developed a love of "reading" books. Each morning when I get her out of her crib, we better not be in a hurry. She insists on pulling every book from her shelf and going through them--sometimes she'll even let me read the whole book!!
Teething days are in full swing. She now has 7 teeth with some more sure to pop through soon. With that, we've been experiencing another round of sleepless nights, lots of snuggling & the need to reassure her that we're not leaving her. It breaks my heart when she "climbs" me like she can't get close enough to me during the middle of the night. I hope as time goes by & she settles in more, those nights begin to fade...
2 comments:
Yay!! Great job on the blog, I really love the pictures on the side!! Emily is so cute, and how awesome to have that blanket from her birthmom!
Keep it up girl!!
~Stacy
Stacy, she is absolutely beautiful. So glad all is going well and glad I finally got over here to check your update.
Beckie
Post a Comment