Sunday, July 8, 2007

We Are SO Blessed

Since I can't go into specifics of timelines, I'll just say that we're on track and things are moving along nicely.

The beauty of this process is the reminder that when you let go, wonderful things happen. I think my lesson in this life is to learn to give up trying to control everything. I have to constantly be reminded that I'm NOT in control--sometimes gently, sometimes not so gently. Let me tell ya...being gently reminded is SO much nicer than being reminded the hard way!! It's a constant work in progress...

Great things are happening in Guatemala. It seems like every day brings more good news for families waiting to meet their children for the 1st time and for families eagerly packing to bring their children home!! Because of that, we are being blessed with lots of opportunities to get "bonus" pictures of our daughter.

Each week our adoption agency director sends an update e-mail to all the families in the Guatemalan program detailing how the week has gone. Many times she includes pictures from Hannah's Hope. We've been lucky enough to see a picture of our birthmother when she was still pregnant & a picture of a Special Mother holding our daughter thanks to these weekly e-mail updates.

Since our visit trip, two families have gone down on their trips & were kind enough to take some pictures of "Baby Sister" and e-mail them to us. Plus, there are 3-4 more families I know of going down soon that have promised to do the same. What a wonderful network we have going--I LOVE it!!!

Another bonus was the unexpected arrival of our monthly progress report which included our daughter's height, weight, other pertinent measurements, five pictures AND a 10 minute DVD!!! We had been told we wouldn't receive a monthly progress report the same month we travelled to see "BS" so I told myself to wait for another month. What a GREAT surprise!!!

Then there are the friends that are almost as excited as me with each bit of news & pictures. I have 2 friends in particular (Alicia & Robin) who drop everything & suddenly want to stop by for a quick visit once they get wind of more pictures!!! Alicia, though blessed with THREE boys, yearns to have an excuse to buy baby girl clothes. Let's just say we may NEVER have to shop for clothes at the rate Alicia's going. As for Robin, she keeps coming up with new ideas for the Blessingway she & Alicia will be hosting for me. This is in addition to all our other friends & family that are just as excited for us, just not so pushy about it!! :)

I'm trying really hard to come up with something worth reading. SOME friends have been complaining that I don't update my blog enough. Hopefully this will tide them over for a while longer...Until next time...

2 comments:

Alie said...

What!!??? You have a new 10 minute DVD??!!! I haven't sen it!! I'll be right over!...

Just kidding - but I need to see it ASAP!

:)
Alicia

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Hi Stacy, glad to hear you have had wonderful updates and pictures! That is so very exciting!! Keep writing in your blog, I keep checking!
Smiles,
~stalker