Monday, March 5, 2007

PGN

OK...so here's the process of the Guatemalan Attorney General's office known as PGN. When we're in this stage, we'll have no idea what's going on with our dossier unless we get "previewed" for a missing document or a needed correction. We've been told to expect this stage to take 4-6 months to complete!!! Now at the risk of sounding "cranky", this would NOT be a good time to say "How much longer? When will you be done already...?"

1. Our file is submitted to the General Secretary's office through a special window. The person that submits our file gets a receipt stamped by PGN indicating the time & date received.


2. The General Secretary distributes the files among several advisors.

3. The advisor's official receives the file & gives it to the advisor. The advisor reviews the file & makes a resolution.

4. The advisor's official reviews the resolution, prints it & gives it back to the advisor for his signature.

5. The advisor signs the resolution & gives it back to his official who then sends the file to the Sub General Attorney's office.


a.) The Sub General Attorney's Secretary receives the file.
b.) File goes to Official #1, who reviews data (names, dates, etc.), then the file goes to Official #2, who reviews the data a 2nd time.
c.) File is then given to a Reviewer--an attorney who makes sure the resolution is in accordance with the Guatemalan Law regarding adoption.
d.) File goes back to the Sub Attorney General's Secretary who gives it to the Sub General Attorney for final signature.


6. File is then sent to the General Secretary's Office

7. General Secretary puts our file in the special window ready to be picked up!!!

I know it sounds very complicated--heck, I'm a bit confused by it all. As you can see, just like the American Govt. there are MANY people & levels of people that will be "touching" our dossier. Once we get approval from PGN our daughter is legally ours & the light starts shining at the end of the tunnel!!!

2 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

OK, why were you saying you don't know much about this process!
Do you think we'll get the call today for our new #'s. I have a feeling you are going to be really, really close. We are still in a praying mode making it a little bit anxious for our new #. I don't want it to sway what we should do. Does that make sense?AHHH!LOL!

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

OK, now I am stalking you! You haven't emailed me back! Where are you!!! Hope all is well.